Keep this advice in mind when shopping for luxury watches for men.
Women can express their personality with a variety of accessories, including jewelry, purses, and shoes, but the options for men are more limited. A watch is often the most important accessory in a man’s possession, as it reflects his status and sense of style. However, even the most stylish of men may have trouble selecting the right men’s luxury watch.
Luxury watches for men are not only utilitarian items that tell time – they are also valued for their aesthetic appeal, elegance, and craftsmanship. A luxury watch is a work of art that complements your wardrobe and is worthy of becoming a family heirloom. Key features of a men’s luxury watch include the following:
- Sophisticated materials – It goes without saying that luxury watches for men are constructed of the highest quality materials, some of which may include gemstones, crystal, and precious metals like platinum, titanium, rose gold, and solid, 18K gold.
- Unique attributes – The best luxury watches for men don’t look like every other watch – they boast a unique design or point-of-view that sets them apart. The status of a men’s luxury watch also rests on the brand’s reputation. From Romaine Jerome to de Grisogrono, there is an array of luxury watch brands to choose from.
- Complications – Watch complications are the mechanical functions of a watch other than its ability to tell time. The more complications a luxury watch has, the more valuable it tends to be. Sought-after watch complications include a chronograph,perpetual calendar, power reserve, moon phase, and GMT.
- Water resistance – Not to be confused with waterproof watches, water resistant watches are able to withstand splashes of water, so you don’t have to worry if you get caught in the rain, for example.
The most important factor to consider when purchasing a men’s luxury watch is your lifestyle, as few watches can be worn on every occasion. Your watch ought to sync up with your lifestyle and say something about who you are or who you aspire to be. Men’s watches generally fall into these categories:
- Dress watch – A dress watch is a thin, unadorned watch appropriate for wearing to formal, black-tie events, such as weddings. Dress watches are not suited to casual attire.
- Sports watch – Luxury sports watches typically have a chunky appearance and complications that appeal to men who lead an active lifestyle, such as GPS technology, an odometer, or a pulse monitor.
- Everyday watch – Everyday watches are all-purpose watches that generally occupy the middle ground in terms of thickness and have a metal or leather strap.
When deciding which type of watch to purchase, think about when you’ll be wearing the watch and what you will use it for. Would you like a high-end watch to wear for business? Do you only plan to bring out your luxury watch on special occasions? Whichever type of men’s luxury watch you choose, make sure that it fits comfortably. It shouldn’t move up and down when you move your arms, but it shouldn’t be so tight that it leaves an imprint on your wrist.
A finely made watch is the only accessory a man truly needs. Start adding to your collection of luxury watches, so you have a watch to match every occasion or mode of dress. Luxury watches far outlast trends and can even be passed down for generations to come.
Explore JZ&F’s Extraordinary Men’s Luxury Watch Collection
Based in Seattle and Bellevue, Washington, JZ&F has become a trusted source of high-end and rare luxury watches for men. We have developed personal relationships with some of the most reputable dealers in the world, which enables us to offer luxury timepieces at the lowest prices to our prestigious global clientele. Please browse our collection of luxury watches for men online or contact us for assistance.